85 900 ninja crunch time

More
04 Jul 2008 19:09 #224108 by jaguar
85 900 ninja crunch time was created by jaguar
Hi all, I have allready lost my religion trying to reattach my carb boots between the airbox and the carbs so I will swallow my pride and ask if the boots are too old to "boil"? I feel that the japs are getting back at me for bombing the shit out of them in WW2. I will buy new ones if I have to but they seem in decent shape but just not long enough. I posted in the projects section for anyone in a 3 state region so I could go look at their bike and take some measurements, but no takers. this has been a very humbling experience for me and if I ever find the engineer who designed the airbox for this ninja, I will stick a chopstick in each of his ears! Thanks in advance, Joe Ladd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
04 Jul 2008 19:16 #224111 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic 85 900 ninja crunch time
This is where Pod Filters come into play. I tried to save a complete airbox assembly on one of the 5 GPz550's I own, and when they wouldn't come off, I cut them. Yep killed 'em dead. It was a parts bike, and am partial to K&N Pod Filters anyway based on experience.

If they won't reinstall easily, I've heard letting hem sit in hot water to make them more plyable, and easier to reinstall.

It's our patience that are getting back at you. This is an art to reinstall them. This, again, I have also heard and don't have experience with.

Good luck.

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

More
04 Jul 2008 21:20 #224134 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic 85 900 ninja crunch time
save yourself the aggervation and call z1 enterprises monday.
they can most likely get you them.
i tried to boil them and after much fighting i got them on only to have them come off again.
z1enterprises.com/

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
04 Jul 2008 23:55 #224172 by steell
Replied by steell on topic 85 900 ninja crunch time
Yep, new boots make an awful lot of difference :)

KD9JUR