85 Gpz 750 Carbs

More
24 Jun 2008 12:49 #221898 by CaboKeith
85 Gpz 750 Carbs was created by CaboKeith
A while back I toke my carbs off to clean and rebuild. Now that I finally got the parts and everything back together in the carbs... it only leaves 1 problem. I forgot the routing of the Fuel and Vacuum lines.
Is there anyone that can help me out?

I have a stock Gpz 750 with the original airbox and carbs.

Carbs
1.The fittings up by the choke rod on each carb

2.The T-fitting between #1 and #2
The T-fitting between #2 and #3
The T-fitting between #3 and #4

Fuel Tank
1.The 2 fitting on the fuel tank petcock
The fitting on the Fuel gauge

The vacuum switch
1.It has 1 line into a T with 2 lines coming out

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2008 13:37 #221912 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic 85 Gpz 750 Carbs
Welcome Keith... what makes me think you will be back asking more questions once you get the carbs hooked back up bwhahahaha OK (sorry I am a wiseguy).

1. (carbs and vacuum switch) The fittings up by the choke rod are vacuum barbs. The 1 & 4 vacuum barbs will have vacuum hoses connected and routed to the tee you asked about in your vacuum switch section. From the tee, the single vacuum line connects to the vacuum switch that actuates the reed valves in your valve cover. Hopefully, you didn't remove any more hoses in the emissions system as I won't cover that eventuality.
2. (carbs again) The tee fittings between 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 are up in the center of the carburetor bodies. These fittings lead to passageways that come out at the top of the float bowl and ventilate the float bowl. These fittings connect to hoses that are in place because if the turn the bike upside down, gas will flow from the bowls onto a hot engine with you stuck under the bike. Thus the gas is routed away via these hoses to your airbox or over the swingarm somewhere.
---
The fitting between carbs 2 & 3 is lower and adjacent to the fuel rails which are between 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. This tee fitting is the fuel inlet. You connect this fitting (between 2 & 3) to a hose that goes to the larger of the two fittings on your petcock.
---
3. (fuel tank) The other fitting on your petcock is connected to either the #2 or #3 carb vacuum fitting; these are the barbs on the engine side up on the top by the choke rod. There will be one carburetor that doesn't have anything connected to its vacuum fitting and this carburetor MUST have a vacuum cap capping off the fitting.
4. (fuel tank), there is a large rubber cover over the wires outside the tank that attached to the fuel gauge sending unit. This rubber cover has molded onto it a rubber snout that a hose connects to. It is an overflow in the event that the sending unit leaks, I guess. A hose connects to this overflow and is routed over your swingarm.

I think I covered all that you asked about.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.