sticking carbs

More
22 Jun 2008 15:18 #221544 by zigzag
sticking carbs was created by zigzag
hi there hope you guys can help my z650 i have owned for 16 years it has 92000 miles on stock engine my problem is recently when shuting off throtle it do,s not back off ie when going in to corners if you pull the clutch in the revs stick at 4-5 000 rpm it only has the pull throttle cable conected so relies on spring it has been 1 cable since i bought it 26000 miles with no problem, it snaps back with out engine running pefectly , do i have worn carbs comments please other than that it still pulls like a good un cheers zigzag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2008 18:42 - 22 Jun 2008 18:42 #221570 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic sticking carbs
It is likely time to have the carburetors rebuilt... the sticking throttle might be from a deformed needle jet or worn jet needles, leaking choke plunger, throttle cable is binding, a deformed main jet holder tube, a worn throttle return spring, air leaks from any of a zillion places, etc. It would also be useful to know year/model on the 650... the early ones used VM series carbs and later ones used BS series and both have things unique to the carb type that can go wrong. Many folks will go into their profile and edit their signature to add their bike year/model and their location.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Last edit: 22 Jun 2008 18:42 by wiredgeorge.

More
23 Jun 2008 15:56 #221741 by zigzag
Replied by zigzag on topic sticking carbs
hi there wired george the z650 is F1 1980 carbs say MIC AND KOGYO , when it do,s it bad i pull the clutch in and turn off engine and you can here the slides bang shut ,at 92000 miles can slide to carb body be a worn sticky problem fitting return cable will hopefully sort it but there is a problem as it used to be fine zigzag york shire england