How do the needle jets come out of a Mikuni BS34?

More
02 Jun 2008 17:27 #217490 by DJ
Just wondering what the proper procedure is for removing the needle jets out of this carb.

Thanks-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2008 19:03 #217511 by ronjones
Remove diaphram and needle, then unscrew the main jet. If it's not varsolled in, the needle jet will slide out, if not use something soft like a stick or stiff plastic to push it up, from the main jet hole. The main jet is what holds it down. When reinstalling there is a pin, a slot in the needle jet slides onto.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
03 Jun 2008 11:48 #217666 by DJ
Okay. It seemed a little tight, just wanted to make sure I understood how it was assembled before trying to take it apart. Thanks for the information.

Daron

ronjones wrote:

Remove diaphram and needle, then unscrew the main jet. If it's not varsolled in, the needle jet will slide out, if not use something soft like a stick or stiff plastic to push it up, from the main jet hole. The main jet is what holds it down. When reinstalling there is a pin, a slot in the needle jet slides onto.

More
03 Jun 2008 22:06 #217789 by almarconi
Best to soak it with some carb cleaner and then use a piece of dowel and a small hammer to remove it. I just got done cleaning a set on my bike and it is very easy to strip the heads on some of the jets/airscrews. Best to take your time and make sure you have good fitting screwdrivers.

1981 KZ550C LTD (SOLD)
1980 GS750L
1982 KZ750N1 Spectre (New Project)

More
05 Jun 2008 06:23 #218058 by DJ
Thanks, I got them out.