spiting gas

• sully73
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • throttle till you see GOD, then brake.
More
24 May 2008 09:24 - 24 May 2008 11:29 #215527 by sully73
spiting gas was created by sully73
k, i think i have my pilot jetting issue under control. the bike seems to be idleing really well with just the slighest burping when i rev it. the problem i have now, is that when i rev it, a gas mist shoots out of the #1 carb. all the other carbs show signs of running on the plugs but#1, and yes theres good spark there. im thinking is has a clogged passage somewhere again, but why isnt the cylinder sucking that mist in instead of blowing it out the airfilter side of the carb? also as you look at the carbs from the rear, there are four little holes around the bell, the bottom left one seems to pulsate alittle but it doesnt kill the motor when pluged like the other three.
if i spray carb cleaner into that little hole, it squirts out the pilot jet tube, so i assume this is the air inlet of some kind? but why wont it suck it into the motor?

81 kz1000 ltd
72 cb750 chop
Last edit: 24 May 2008 11:29 by sully73.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2008 12:51 #215538 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic spiting gas
If not already done, would do compression test and check valve clearances.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• sully73
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • throttle till you see GOD, then brake.
More
24 May 2008 14:32 #215550 by sully73
Replied by sully73 on topic spiting gas
did the clearances, smallest was .002 and the largest was .004, well with in specs. im thinking there has to be a blockage somewhere, it never did this before the last carb cleaning so i bet theres a chunck of shit in there somewhere. the burping and pops went done considerably and the plug on one looks like it has never fired. just wonder why it doesnt suck it into the engine, i would think there would be a sucktion on the cylinder. ill pul it apart and clean the crap out once more and see where i go. i guess im figuring theres a blockage because like i said, it doesnt die when i plug the little hole like it will on the other three cyls.

81 kz1000 ltd
72 cb750 chop