Jet size for aftermarket mods

More
15 May 2008 10:46 #213805 by ocularyss
Jet size for aftermarket mods was created by ocularyss
I, once again, fall on the mercy of the experts. I am about to remount the engine into the freshly stretched and chopped kz 650 I own. That having been said, I am currently planning on running straight pipes with pod air filters and need to know what Size jets would be appropriate for this application. I greatly appreciate any information that could be passed on and look forward to hearing from you guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2008 11:55 #213821 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic Jet size for aftermarket mods
2 sizes bigger on the main jets and at least 1 on the pilots.assuming you were starting with stock jetting.what size jets do have now?

More
15 May 2008 12:33 - 15 May 2008 12:34 #213826 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Jet size for aftermarket mods
ocularyss wrote:

I, once again, fall on the mercy of the experts. I am about to remount the engine into the freshly stretched and chopped kz 650 I own. That having been said, I am currently planning on running straight pipes with pod air filters and need to know what Size jets would be appropriate for this application. I greatly appreciate any information that could be passed on and look forward to hearing from you guys.

Based on the other thread about 650 jets, my guess for this would be in the 115 - 120 range as a first try for mains.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 15 May 2008 12:34 by bountyhunter.