carbs with missing pieces...HELP ME!!!!!!

• old_skool_77
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Woot Woot
More
04 May 2008 22:40 #211218 by old_skool_77
carbs with missing pieces...HELP ME!!!!!! was created by old_skool_77
I just bought a 1980 kz1000 ltd. I'm rebuilding the carbs and i'm not sur what mm size tyhey are for sure. but any ways they have that accellerator pump which i recently put a new diaphram in. problem i'm having is i opened up carb bowls to re-jet and put new gaskets in. when i opened the bowls, two of the carb had little ball bearing type balls in them. the other two carbs were good. i need to know if these bearing type things are needed for the carbs to run properly. i know that each of the carbs have these bearings and a bar or rod type thing that are located in the carb bowls themselves with a c-clip thing that seats inside a hole to hold these parts in place in the bowl. I didn't find the c-clips or bar/rod pieces in either of the two bowls just the bearing in the one bowl only. do I need to have all the pieces or can I take them out of the other bowls and run the bike without them or do I need them? Thanks kindly!:unsure:

1975 z1 900
1976 kz 900
1977kz 1000
1980kz 1000 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2008 06:30 #211270 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic carbs with missing pieces...HELP ME!!!!!!
Those are check valves for the accelerator pump. The carbs will flood without the check valves in place.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
05 May 2008 09:16 #211306 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic carbs with missing pieces...HELP ME!!!!!!
Welcome to the site!!

Would someone have thought that this was an improvement? Taking the parts out of the carbs to get better fuel flow or whatnot....

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

More
05 May 2008 12:15 - 04 Dec 2008 06:02 #211372 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 04 Dec 2008 06:02 by JMKZHI.

More
05 May 2008 12:39 #211382 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic carbs with missing pieces...HELP ME!!!!!!
The check valves are prone to disappearing... they are retained by a little circlip sitting in a VERY shallow recess in the well where the two check valve components sit to retain them.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!