hose connections

More
28 Apr 2008 19:35 #209913 by fishybass
hose connections was created by fishybass
Hi Guys,

It is time to reinstall the carb I cleaned and fixed 3 months ago, and stupid me, I am not sure what hoses go where. Please help!

On my 1980 KZ550 I think there are four main types of hose connections that leave the carbs.
I have a mystery hose connection point... On carb 1 there is a brass or copper fitting that pokes up from between carbs 1-2. A 1/4" fuel line slides snugly on it and it leads directly to the center of the carb body (where air and fuel mix). Is there something I need to connect to this? Fuel? Air? My butt?
Otherwise, I think I have correctly identified the other following hose connections...
Two are small PVC hoses that come off of tee's that connect carbs 1-2 and 3-4. These are just air intake hoses that should be routed back under the seat. These four points would also be what I use to synchronize the carbs.
There are four PVC hoses that drop off the bottom of the carbs for fuel overflow. I'll route these over the chain.
There is a fuel line that connects to the main fuel rail with a connection between carbs 2-3. This connects to the gas tank.
I am pretty sure these things are true but would love someone to say that I am correct.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SebRain77
  • User
  • When in doubt, gas it!
More
29 Apr 2008 08:13 #210012 by SebRain77
Replied by SebRain77 on topic hose connections
I would believe that one connection would be a vaccuum line for the fuel flow. Mine doesn't have that but it's older. You are pretty much bang on for the others. As for the overflow lines, I wouldn't route them over the chain, just through the swingarm, but either way, as long as you route them away from the engine then it's all good.

Good luck!

Ever hit the pavement? I did, put that gear on!

1977 KZ 650C1 - First bike, ever! For sale - or not!?!?
2004 Z750 - More power than I'll ever need...
Gatineau, Qc, Canada eh!

More
29 Apr 2008 11:27 #210057 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic hose connections
Sounds like you are attempting to connect fuel to the carb vent. Please see our VM carbs connections link on our tech site to give you some ideas how to connect the carbs. They are pretty much like Mik VM series.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!