throttle doesnt snap back?

More
21 Apr 2008 18:56 #208084 by kustompup93
throttle doesnt snap back? was created by kustompup93
after i rebuilt the carbs and adjusted my cables and put them back on my throttle doesnt snap back? it goes back all the way just slow. anyone know wats up?? need help my bike is an 81 kz550c

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2008 19:32 #208093 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
sticky cables or linkage. try unhooking the cables.if it cures it its probably the cables need lubed or binding.if not check the carb shaft linkage.

More
22 Apr 2008 06:39 #208179 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
First, remove the throttle from the right handlebar. Clean and grease the bar under the throttle sleeve. Next, remove your RETURN cable and adjust your OPENING cable so you see visible slack. Also, check the cable routing. If the bellcrank doesn't snap back at this point, you likely have a weak return spring. Once you figure out the problem, put the closing cable back on and put VISIBLE slack in the cable. To put slack in a cable, install and adjust up at the switchgear using the barrel shaped adjusted after loosening the locknut. Turn the barrel adjuster out till you see slack down by the carb assembly and then tight the locknut.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
22 Apr 2008 09:55 #208211 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
Is it true that letting the throttle "snap" back on it's own throws the carbs out of sync?

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
22 Apr 2008 10:18 #208224 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
rstnick wrote:

Is it true that letting the throttle "snap" back on it's own throws the carbs out of sync?

Never has on mine.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
22 Apr 2008 10:21 #208226 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
kustompup93 wrote:

after i rebuilt the carbs and adjusted my cables and put them back on my throttle doesnt snap back? it goes back all the way just slow. anyone know wats up?? need help my bike is an 81 kz550c

Do what George said, and here is something I do:

Take the cables completely off and hold them up and let them hang (I stand on a chair so they hang stright down). Then I hose into the cable center from the top with a good spray lube and keep working the cable center up and down. Spray more, work the cable. Eventually you flush all the gummy oil down and out and they will be running smooth again.

I use a teflon lube called Tri-flow but you can use any good spray oil. Just don't use WD-40 because that will oxidize and gunk up again.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
22 Apr 2008 10:26 #208229 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
I doubt the slides will go out of sync on a BS38... it is actually the throttle butterflies that go out of sync. The slides sort of just sit there waiting on engine vacuum to raise the. The mechanical slide VM24 has slides that are mechanically attached to a single actuating rod. It is quite possible that over time, the snapped throttle will contribute to their needing to be resynchronized.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
22 Apr 2008 10:43 #208239 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic throttle doesnt snap back?

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2008 10:44 #208240 by Patton

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2008 10:49 #208243 by Patton
kustompup93 wrote:

If the carbs were snapping back before the rebuild, the now existing drag is probably not due to lack of internal cable lube, but likely due to faulty carb reassembly or installation.

Are the throttle cables binding or pinched (maybe under the fuel tank).?

Good Luck!:)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
22 Apr 2008 12:19 #208265 by kustompup93
Replied by kustompup93 on topic throttle doesnt snap back?
my cables arent pinched anywhere, and i reasembled my carbs the right way. i may have 2 relube the cabels though. i let the bike warm up enough with the choke fully on and when i turn it off it starts 2 bogg down and die. is it suxin in 2 much air threw my filters? i have those emgo ones from Z1 would that be it??