carb. problem help

• diablo666mew
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Mar 2008 20:01 #202813 by diablo666mew
carb. problem help was created by diablo666mew
hello again just got my bike to day 1982 kz 750 specter got my starter problem worked out changed the oil and filter and my plugs ran ok drove it 3 H to day heres my problem when i was driving my bike was sluggage up to 3000 and the it takes of like a rocket i figure it was from where it set for a year and was dirty i was hoping it would blow out now the really problem i forget to turn on my gas but figure it out when i got down the road and it stopped but then i could not get it started so i pushed it back home sprayed it with starter fluid and it started right up with the gas on now of course but there was a clear hose coming from between the 1 and 2 carb kind of toward the top and it was now pump out gas and air bubbles as fast as it could which it was not befor so i figured it was some kind of over flow but after 3 min id did not stop so i turned it off and put and up and got on here to ask you guys i mean each carb has a black line coming out of it i no what that is but this 1 is in a weird place like i said above

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2008 23:53 #202847 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic carb. problem help
Can you get a picture of it and post it so we can see?

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

More
29 Mar 2008 04:21 #202855 by TheTrout
Replied by TheTrout on topic carb. problem help
Sounds like the gas supply line vent tube to me, but I have no clue why that would be happening.

1978 KZ1000B2

• diablo666mew
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Mar 2008 13:38 - 29 Mar 2008 13:42 #202930 by diablo666mew
Replied by diablo666mew on topic carb. problem help
here are the pic kind of hard to see the clar line but here

Last edit: 29 Mar 2008 13:42 by diablo666mew.

• diablo666mew
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Mar 2008 13:44 #202931 by diablo666mew
so what do you all think?

More
30 Mar 2008 04:07 #203047 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic carb. problem help
Anyone recognize those tubes? Apparently they are spewing fuel.

Sorry, my bike has Mikunis, which are much different than those.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

More
30 Mar 2008 09:51 - 30 Mar 2008 09:52 #203087 by JR
Replied by JR on topic carb. problem help
I dont recognise the tube and had'nt seen this before but I checked kawasaki.com (owner info, parts diagrams, 82 etc) and can see that between carbs 1 and 2, right where the finger is pointing is a T fitting labelled air vent.

So.......... I guess it shouldnt be blocked anyway. Where does the tube go ? We did'nt have the emissions stuff up here in Canada. Just wondering if this is one of those that would vent into the airbox ? If it's not connected to anything other that the carbs then I would try either (a)blowing into it and maybe that will dislodge whatever is causing the bubbles or (b) wait for a Spectre owner to come along and say that this is normal :) :)

BTW Nice bike !

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Last edit: 30 Mar 2008 09:52 by JR.

• diablo666mew
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Mar 2008 12:59 #203110 by diablo666mew
yea the hose goes no where and i think it is not suppose to go any where because you can tell this bike has not been tampered with since 1982 . yea i will try blowing in the tube and see if that fix it i hope it does i want to ride . thanks for the compliant i ahve seen a lot of bikes but this is the first spectre i have seen i got it for a good price 600$ from a good friend i plain on repant the tank factory colors this month because i can see a little rust coming up under the pant . i will let you all no what is gonig on with the carb

• diablo666mew
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Mar 2008 16:48 #203149 by diablo666mew
good i fix it carb still has a little problems up to 2000 rpm problem needs clean but i dont feel comfortable doing that because i have had kz's in the past but these carbs look a little different i fixed it buy blowing in the hose and untill i could feel it go clean and air would go through and started it up and no more gas coming out any where . i think i am running rich on my number 1 cylinder