How do I reattach throttle cable to 80 750 ltd

More
10 Mar 2008 22:39 #199470 by Ridingsolo
Took carbs off 1980 750 ltd. to adjust the floats without any trouble (other than stripping some screws before I figured out those aren't phillips heads), put carbs back on without any trouble, but I don't remember how the throttle cable attached to the carbs. It's driving me crazy because I know it's something simple. I know the barrell needs to go into that whole. I just can't figure out how it goes in there. Could someone explain.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2008 06:02 #199500 by Link14
I'll give it a try, since I've done it four times in the last two weeks :unsure: .

If the carbs are attached, make sure that you've turned in the adjuster in all the way at the grip end of the throttle cable. I attach the cable before I attach the carbs just so I have some room to work. The tank definitely needs to be off. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I could attach the cable if the carbs were attached..:huh:

On the engine side of the carbs, you can see the spring axle assembly that moves the four butterflys in the carbs to "throttle" the fuel/air mixture from the carbs to the engine. Between carbs #3 & #4 there's a linkage adjustment to hold onto....pull up on that and the carb butterflys should be fully opened.

Now between carbs #2 & #3 you should see the slot that the barrel fits into...you have to feed it in from the left. You should also see the channel that the throttle cable will ride in.

After you've inserted the barrel, keep holding the butterflys open and slip the cable housing adjuster onto the tab that holds the carb-side of the throttle cable and screw it in. I usually start with screwing it in about a third of the way (WD40 helps), then adjust it to get the 2 mm play at the throttle handle.

Hope you can make sense of that :lol: .

More
12 Mar 2008 14:59 #199774 by Little B
Replied by Little B on topic How do I reattach throttle cable to 80 750 ltd
I used a long pair of needle nose pliers to do this. It is _REALLY_ hard to do with the carbs on though.

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

More
23 Mar 2008 13:58 - 23 Mar 2008 13:59 #201785 by 2M4Dale
It's really hard to do with the carbs attached. Easy with them off !!!

And welcome to the KZR forum !!!

Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD
Last edit: 23 Mar 2008 13:59 by 2M4Dale.

More
23 Mar 2008 18:04 #201827 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic How do I reattach throttle cable to 80 750 ltd
Hold the throttle wide open with one hand, and you can easily insert the cable.