KZ500B 1980 Carb replacement

More
29 Feb 2008 01:48 #197475 by Robracer
KZ500B 1980 Carb replacement was created by Robracer
Hi Guys
Does anyone know if there is a suitable replacement carb available? but not flatslide's as we cant use them in FE Racing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2008 06:07 #197494 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic KZ500B 1980 Carb replacement
The bike model you are asking about wasn't sold in the US so I have no specs on it. I assume it is a four cylinder with TK 22mm mechanical slide carbs? Modifying a set of Mikuni 24mm or 26mm carbs MIGHT be possible. The most difficult part would be the drilling the slide actuating rod. I suspect these were drilled at the Mikuni factory by putting the rod in a precision jig and drilling all five holes at the same time because if even one of the holes were off a tad, the carbs couldn't be synchronized. I am not sure if you could use the original Tekei slide actuating rod... it and the Tekei bellcrank would make it much easier to fab a set of mikunis... Not sure if the rods are similar enough in diameter. If someone wants us to look at this type fabrication or modification, contact us directly through our site. Tekei makes real nice stuff but their 22mm carbs are not all that useful in vintage racing either.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.