Vacuum sensor?

More
24 Feb 2008 19:07 #196831 by limitfish
Vacuum sensor? was created by limitfish
Guys I picked up a 1980 LTD this weekend and upon tear down I noticed a couple of things (so far) that aren't quite right. It looks like I might be missing what the manual calls a vacuum sensor which is located on the #2 float bowl by the accelerator pump. Did this part come on these models? The reason I ask is that I went onto the Kawi web site and the parts diagram doesn't show it.

Also It is missing all of the air suction system. As far as what I've found on the serch function, this system really isn't nessasary. But I'm a little unclear on how to disable it. Currently it looks like the breathers in the valve covers are just plugged with pipe plugs.

Let me know what you think, Tom.

1985 ZX 750 Turbo ( just damn fun to ride )
1978 KZ650 C2 (mild restore for now, work ride)
1973 H1 (some day this will be a nice bike)
1977 KE 250 ( resto project, someday
2014 HD streetglide (on order)
Located on the banks of the muddy Mississippi, LeClaire,IA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2008 20:21 #196842 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Vacuum sensor?
The A.S.S. system, as Clymer called it, can be disabled by the plugs as you mentioned. The other vacuum lines and ports associated with that system should also be plugged, (which it probably was). However the crankcase breather is not part of that system and must remain open (or connected to the airbox as it originally was). Some just mount a little filter to the breather tube, but I find it gets messy with oil, so I just run a hose to the ground.

More
25 Feb 2008 05:53 - 03 Dec 2008 20:51 #196899 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 20:51 by JMKZHI.

More
26 Feb 2008 09:41 #197076 by cutt13
Replied by cutt13 on topic Vacuum sensor?
If the vac sensor is removed, will the accell pump work with engine off??