Fuel overflow

More
24 Jan 2008 03:59 #190764 by Ozzyzed
Fuel overflow was created by Ozzyzed
Hi Zedders,

Number two is leaking a heap of fuel from the overflow. Where should i start (tap, needle?).Have just had the tank re-sprayed and forgot to flush the tank and replace in-line fiters prior to refill and start, could this be an influence (was a little excited and really really stupid!!)

Cheers Oz

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1
'They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes'!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2008 05:02 #190772 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Fuel overflow
G'day Mate

Nice to hear from guys on the other side of globe
:P

I had the same problem. Try to turn of petcock and ride till carb are empty. This will make the needlevalve to fully open. Then turn it on and off again and it might just solve the problem. If not take off the floatbowl and blow some air in there.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
24 Jan 2008 05:37 #190776 by Ozzyzed
Replied by Ozzyzed on topic Fuel overflow
Finland!! Rockon.

Yeah, will give it a go in the morning, 12.30am here in Oz so need some sleep before work.
Thanks for the advice will give some feedback once i have tried it out. Just one other, taking off the fuel bowl, any surprises? e.g. springs and stuff flying out?

Cheers Oz

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1
'They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes'!

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
24 Jan 2008 05:46 #190778 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic Fuel overflow
Try tapping on the bowl fo that carb. You might have a float hanging up, and that should loosen it. Has the bike been sittin a while?

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

More
24 Jan 2008 05:50 #190779 by Ozzyzed
Cheers mate,

Will give it a tap in the morning. Logging off but will give some feedback when i give it a buzz.

Bit cold over there i hear.

Cheers Oz

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1

More
24 Jan 2008 06:00 #190780 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Fuel overflow
I dont know about the carbs you have on the bike, but some have a screw on the bottom of the bowl, you can remove it and drain the fuel and any trash that may be in there. you still may end up pulling the crabs to clean them

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
25 Jan 2008 01:33 #190952 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic Fuel overflow
There shouldn´t be any suprises flying out if they are stock carbs. Some carbs have acceleration pumps for example my TM33´s that are located in the bowl.

Yeap, a little cold but not enough. We are waiting for the real winter, snow an so on. It´s not been too nice, raining, plus 2 celsius...

I got some friends down there right now checking the AuZZie Opens in tennis. Our guy Jarkko Nieminen ( www.jarkkonieminen.net/eng/etusivu.html ) lost to Nadal in the quarter finals:angry:

Cheers,

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
29 Jan 2008 03:02 #191571 by Ozzyzed
Sorry for the late responce mate, yeah thanks for the feedback, took the carbies apart and found plenty of sludge. No more leaks!!!:woohoo:
Cheers Oz

Melbourne Australia
1977 z1000A1