Gas Line

More
20 Jan 2008 00:49 #190176 by Little B
Gas Line was created by Little B
I'm installing a clear gas line on my bike. The old line sort of dipped down right before the inline fuel filter. This would result in the filter not really looking full. I don't know if that is normal or not.

So, is it important to make the line as vertical as possible from the tank to the carbs?

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2008 05:07 #190181 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Gas Line
Little B wrote:

I'm installing a clear gas line on my bike. The old line sort of dipped down right before the inline fuel filter. This would result in the filter not really looking full. I don't know if that is normal or not.

So, is it important to make the line as vertical as possible from the tank to the carbs?

filter not really looking full is normal.

Configuration of line should be okay if not kinked, fittings are not leaking, and no part of the line runs higher than fuel level inside the tank. :)

Some types of clear line harden rather quickly which may result in leak at fitting. Tygon is a fairly durable type. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
20 Jan 2008 17:33 #190270 by Little B
Replied by Little B on topic Gas Line
Thanks Patton, that saves me some worries. I got the line from Z1 so hopefully it will last a while.

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

More
20 Jan 2008 17:39 #190271 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Gas Line
I have lost trust in those plastic fuel lines. They harden then they break. I use the heavy duty fuel lines from autozone, rubber with the reinforced strings running through them. Nice to see someoneelse here in Colorado.

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean