Rejetting for pods & Kerker. (with Pic now)

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
25 Jan 2008 21:36 #191079 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Rejetting for pods & Kerker.
jmargrav wrote:

Hi, I am new to the site but when I saw that you had the same problem I just got sorted out I had to chime in. Here is a link to the thread I started to solve my problem. That bigger get out of your carb is the primary main jet (at least that is what it is in the manual).

www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/vintage...imary-main-jets.html

I went to the Keihin web site and had to order them through Sudco. I hope this helps, if not I might be able to help you.
:)

welcome to the site. thanks for the links. they helped me in my mission

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
29 Jan 2008 17:50 #191724 by ran429
well, buying the jets has turned into MURPHYS LAW.
This being 1/2 murphy crap sucks a donkey.

Seems like i wont be getting the jets i nees for awhile, z1-enterprises is out of them and i have to wait until jeff refills his stock supply. this sucks, JR probably got all of them when he called after i already called lol!
JR you suck if you got the good order.

Anyways, if i try and start the bike with stock 62s in the primary mains is sounds like its going to blow up and detonate.
cant believe my luck when ordering parts for anything ever.

More
30 Jan 2008 10:57 #191831 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Rejetting for pods & Kerker. (with Pic now)
My business is not set up to sell parts, new or used. I just don't have time for this. I don't make exceptions except for folks who have been a customer in the past. I try and help them as I can. Jeff and Z1E are about as good a source as you can find for carb parts. Other places sell this and that but Jeff generally has access to the same parts.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
31 Jan 2008 17:47 #192096 by ran429
Well, after i got all the crud out of the fuel line (i shoulda done this prior) and after i drained all the water out of the carbs and tank (sitting outside in rain and bike cover is missing - thanks 2 whoever)I fired it up and it started.

I adjusted the air to 2.5 turns out as it was burning my eyes badly at 2 turns, so I go to start it now and holy crap what a difference!

All i need now is those #70 pilot mains and i will readjust them and see how much "GOODER" the old Geezer runs.
I will be purchasing some new filters soon also, I think i screwed up by loiling the Emgo pods.

But still, what a HUGE difference in the emgine running idle, it has a tiny stutter here and there and around 5K RPM it hesitates just a hair, before i did anything to it the bike wouldnt run worth a darn (atleast 20 minutes) until it would idle semi properly without the choke.
Now i can actually run the bike with the choke wide open and it actually has power.

Cant wait for good weather to see what "HE" does W-O-T on the interstate straights ( only once though :whistle: )

Post edited by: ran429, at: 2008/01/31 20:48