help with mikuni needle

More
18 Jan 2008 20:44 #190028 by kz750ohio
help with mikuni needle was created by kz750ohio
I have made some progress. I have lapped the valves and done a lot of cleaning to the old girl. I have been cleaning the carbs that the guy who sold it to me said they were off a GPZ. I know they are Mikuni BS carbs. All the jets are now clean and I have replaced the O rings. During my cleaning though I bent a needle slightly when getting it out of the cleaner bucket. The needle says 5D12 on it and is single notch. Where can I find a replacement and do they make one with several notches like the Canadian ones.

getting there slowly.

Cheers

1982 kawasaki kz750 with mikuni carbs bs34, stock everything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2008 18:24 #191337 by cutt13
Replied by cutt13 on topic help with mikuni needle
Anyone rejetting CV carbs would removing alot of guess work by checking out Dyno Jet for one of their kits. If you remove stock air box use K&N filters (stock also) or Uni Filters (stock also). I only use Emgo on Slide carbs as they flow more air and the CV carbs can't handle them (street). The degree of tech put in these kits is worth the price, comes with instruction and tech help if needed.

More
28 Jan 2008 14:00 #191468 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic help with mikuni needle
kz750ohio wrote:

I have made some progress. I have lapped the valves and done a lot of cleaning to the old girl. I have been cleaning the carbs that the guy who sold it to me said they were off a GPZ. I know they are Mikuni BS carbs. All the jets are now clean and I have replaced the O rings. During my cleaning though I bent a needle slightly when getting it out of the cleaner bucket. The needle says 5D12 on it and is single notch. Where can I find a replacement and do they make one with several notches like the Canadian ones.

getting there slowly.

Cheers

The rebuild kits I got from Keystar for about $16 each for my BS-38 carbs included new needles, jets, gaskets and all the parts. Hell of a deal. The bad news is, the needles were not identical but pretty close to the stock ones. They did have the five slot design.

1979 KZ-750 Twin