FUEL LEAK

More
06 Dec 2007 12:23 #183997 by Godzpeed
FUEL LEAK was created by Godzpeed
Anybody know where a fuel leak would be coming from on my bike from underneath? I checked the tank and all 4 hoses coming from the carbs and I dont see anything..Any ideas?

1980 KZ750H1

Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2007 12:32 #184000 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic FUEL LEAK
If on the side stand, can it coming from the carbs over the sprocket cover and onto the ground?

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
06 Dec 2007 12:35 #184001 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic FUEL LEAK
You almost have to catch it in the act. Petcock, fuel line, float bowls, over flow lines, etc. I take a flash light which makes it easier to see. Start tracing from top to bottom.

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
06 Dec 2007 12:54 #184008 by Godzpeed
Replied by Godzpeed on topic FUEL LEAK
Yeh thanks guys, the thing is when its leaning I tilt it upright as though im about to ride and then I see a gush of fuel!!! lol i dont know...crazy

More
06 Dec 2007 13:36 #184014 by Paladin
Replied by Paladin on topic FUEL LEAK
Both of mine on occasion do that. When they sit on the side stand for a period of time, maybe a few days or weeks now that its cold, and you stand one up straight, gas will over flow out of the little black overflow tubes.
I found if you route two tubes out one side and two out the other, you can tell exactly what carb is over flowing. Maybe there is some grit in the float valve that needs to be cleaned out. It also does this when i leave my fuel valve on. Hope this helps.
-Bobby

More
07 Dec 2007 08:17 #184058 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic FUEL LEAK
Being on the side stand, all the fuel in the four carbs are gonna try to flow to the far left carb! If you have a needle/seat problem it will show up. I used to leave mine on the side stand in the garage all the time and have experianced similer problems. No problem out on a ride stopping for lunch, break, etc. But on side stand in garage for days it would happen. Now after a ride I pull in garage and automatically put her up on center stand. No more problems! Try it and see if that takes care of it. ;)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
07 Dec 2007 21:51 #184182 by JimatMilkyWay
Replied by JimatMilkyWay on topic FUEL LEAK
Bluemeanie wrote:

You almost have to catch it in the act.... I take a flash light which makes it easier to see....

Only sissy's use a flashlight.
You can see just fine if you get in there close enough, using a cigarette lighter.:laugh: :laugh:
Jim@MilkyWay

More
07 Dec 2007 22:26 #184185 by Little B
Replied by Little B on topic FUEL LEAK
JimatMilkyWay wrote:

You can see just fine if you get in there close enough, using a cigarette lighter.:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

More
07 Dec 2007 22:31 #184186 by JimatMilkyWay
Replied by JimatMilkyWay on topic FUEL LEAK
Little B wrote:

JimatMilkyWay wrote:

:laugh: :laugh:

You Da' Man
Little B!!:laugh: :laugh: