Keihin CV34 Pilot Jet Plug Question

More
30 Nov 2007 06:30 #183192 by Link14
Keihin CV34 Pilot Jet Plug Question was created by Link14
Well, got the carbs all cleaned and blown out with compressed air and started putting them back together. One of the plugs that cover the pilot jet hole is really loose. I tried to clean it up and messed with the o-ring to get it to seat better. It's a little better but I'm afraid that any heavy vibrations will shake it out.

Question:

1. Any recommendations on how to keep the plug in? I was thinking of a little liquid gasket, but am afraid of what would happen if it got into the carb.

2. If the plug did fall out. What indications would I get that it happened. I'm guessing that that particular cylinder would be running very rich at idle speeds...but am not sure.

Thanks!

Link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2007 08:46 #183205 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Keihin CV34 Pilot Jet Plug Question
The plug is held in place by the float bowl. There is a stop cast into the bowl that contacts the plug. It can not fall out... I guess the plug should be tight enough where gas won't just pour in as that cylinder will run rich at idle, if it does. I wouldn't use any goop of any sort on the plug... ANY liquid gasket you use will dissolve and gum up your pilot jet.

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2007/11/30 11:48

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.