Plugging Fuel Injector Ports

More
21 Nov 2007 15:32 #182076 by turpehar
Plugging Fuel Injector Ports was created by turpehar
I'm looking for some technical advice on sealing the Fuel Injector port openings on a 1981 GPz 1100 in which I have replaced with BS34's. I made plates and bolted them down but they leaked air causing a high idle.

Note, I would rather not pull the head.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2007 01:03 #182151 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Plugging Fuel Injector Ports
Put some nitros valves in there and hook them up.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
22 Nov 2007 07:57 #182183 by barney
Replied by barney on topic Plugging Fuel Injector Ports
Harold I made some aluminum plugs when I did this and used o-rings to seal the plugs . I'll try and get some pics of what I did tonight

Post edited by: barney, at: 2007/11/22 12:49
Attachments:

More
22 Nov 2007 10:01 #182199 by barney
here it is. Held it inplace with a simple aluminum keeper plate with two holes drilled to secure to existing injector screw holes

Post edited by: barney, at: 2007/11/22 13:04
Attachments:

More
22 Nov 2007 10:11 #182201 by barney
screw it ,I give up trying to load pics onto this website.

Harold . basically, I turned 4 aluminum plugs with a larger diameter head, the underside of the head will secure an o-ring(for sealing), the head should be tall enough to be just proud of the injector mounting surface. I then made 4 keeper plates,dilled to match the injector mounting holes which place tension on the plugs.I didnt need to remove the head either ;)

Post edited by: barney, at: 2007/11/23 07:48
Attachments:

More
22 Nov 2007 22:40 #182258 by turpehar
Replied by turpehar on topic Plugging Fuel Injector Ports
barney wrote:

I turned 4 aluminum plugs with a larger diameter head, the underside of the head will secure an o-ring(for sealing),

There you have it. I have the plates and was wondering about a plug, but never considered a lip to hold an O-Ring. Perrrrrrfect. It will be done this week.

Thanks Barn

As for posting pics, and maybe your've done this. Create yourself an account on www.photobucket.com .
Use the browse button to find the pic on your computer, then click Upload to Upload your pictures. Notice under each picture there are four link boxes. Click the IMG box in the yellow area, and notice real quickly that you will see the word "Copied". Then come into your post and paste it in there. To help our webmaster, notice where at the beginning of the pasted likn you see [img]. If you pic is very large you can reduce it to the perfect size for the page by making that look like this [img size=550]

Or e-mail the pic to harold.turpen@us.vesuvius.com

Thanks again