spitting carb

More
11 Nov 2007 20:17 #180617 by jaguar
spitting carb was created by jaguar
Hey guys, I have my #1 carb spitting out its intake hole. It keeps gas fouling the spark plug. I have had these carbs apart and it is the only one of the 4 that has the problem. The main jet is 110 and the pilot is 37.5. The piston moves freely and a shot of air in the enlongated hole moves it up smoothly. The float level "seems" to be just like the other 3 but I would not bet my life on it being perfect. If I shoot air in the 2 holes at the intake it comes out the other hole so I dont have a blockage there. I also checked to make sure the gas is stopped by the needle when the float rises up and it does. I have a sneeking suspishion my float level is too high allowing too much gas in the bowl. Any ideas on what might be the cause? Thanks in advance, Joe

Post edited by: jaguar, at: 2007/11/11 23:18

Post edited by: jaguar, at: 2007/11/11 23:50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2007 20:03 #180786 by jaguar
Replied by jaguar on topic spitting carb
Well, I fixed it. Float level was too high on #1 and the spitting stopped as soon as I took the choke off. Smooth revs up to 9k so far. Didnt want to push it as the back tire wont get replaced untill tomorrow. I think it will be a fun bike at least till the ninja is done!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.