what carbs do i have? has pics now

More
08 Nov 2007 12:53 #180155 by Kraygh
Replied by Kraygh on topic what carbs do i have? has pics now
School Teacher wrote:

Kraygh wrote:

No obvious vacuum ports and cable idle adjust = early 90's ninja type bike application.

WiredGeorge would know exactly.<br><br>Post edited by: Kraygh, at: 2007/11/07 16:32

well in the second pic the idle is a rod connected to a cable.....

That's just what I was refering to. Sorry for the poor wording. I didn't mean "nor cable idle adjust".

Anyway, you see that a lot in those type bikes where the carbs are hard adjust from the seat. (like the Katanas mentioned.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2007 13:05 #180157 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic what carbs do i have? has pics now
My carburetor knowledge is kind of limited to 70s/80s stuff. I could rebuild and work on those but as far as applications, I am not much into 90s and newer stuff which those are or at least late 80s. They are for a crotch rocket type bike. You can tell by looking at the bowls which are slanted. This is not a down draft situation but one where the engine is canted forward quite a bit like on most modern sport bikes. The bowls will sit level on the bike those things are for. I have about 4-5 sets of similar carbs from ZX600 and GSX-R type bikes, mostly Mikuni with the canted bowls. The spacing is similar to a KZ and I tried to get one to work right... I think the ones I used were ZX600 type. Mains were smallish (110 range) and pilots were very small (32s). I used the carbs without and airbox or airfilters in playing around and tried to rejet but couldn't get the carbs to work right. I recall deciding it was the slanted bowls were the problem as the carbs felt like they ran out of gas. I spent enough time checking them out to feel confident they wouldn't work right or at least I wasn't smart enough to make them right on a KZ. If someone can figure them out, let me know as they can be had real cheap on eBay. They are Mik 32mm flatslides and I would guess off a GSX-R 600 or 750...

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
11 Nov 2007 10:32 #180566 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic what carbs do i have? has pics now
flht1997 wrote:

flatslide Mics. i'd think maybe a zx-10? mid-late 80's. can't really think of a flat-slide air-cool kawi i have seen.

Definitely not Kaw. They switched to Keihin's beginning with the 84 900 Ninja.

I'm betting Suzuki OEM

More
11 Nov 2007 14:40 #180581 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic what carbs do i have? has pics now
[ They are Mik 32mm flatslides and I would guess off a GSX-R 600 or 750...[/quote]

holy hell i think i might have been right!
do i get some kind of prize? :woohoo:

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.