Diaphragms?

More
06 Nov 2007 11:23 #179870 by Tere
Diaphragms? was created by Tere
Hello I'm the new rider 82 kz440 ltd, first japanese bike after couple czech jawas Hungarian pannonias.
Could it be cause of diaghrams if bike has lunge and power, but engine throtle neutral does not react up and down enouht fast.And when engine is warm neutral it turns 4000x Diaphrams with breathing in carb seems functional,but take a look its restored with glue.What else could it be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2007 05:36 #179939 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Diaphragms?
Welcome Tere... If your slide diaphragms are indeed torn or leaking, your idle will take awhile to settle but I would expect that your higher speed performance would be messed up as well... I would replace the diaphragms if they are evidence of repairs. These guys are priced good and do good work:
www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/

NRP is a Brit company and tell Andy I sent you.

Also, check your carb holders for leaks. To do this, get some light spray oil or use carb cleaner and spray around the rubber carb holders with the bike idling. If white smoke comes out the exhaust or the bike dies, the carb holders are leaking.

Other things can make the Keihin carbs idle poorly... leaking vacuum caps or a leaking vacuum hose or even a leak around the ends of the shafts that move the choke or throttle butterflies. You can also have an air leak by not having the small orings under the mixture screws. Any air leak will cause idle issues.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.