To jet or not to jet, that is the question

More
27 Oct 2007 15:04 #178387 by jaguar
Howdy all you atomiZation aficionado's, I have just procured a 82 750gpz w/ 4 k&n free flow air filters on it and the factory baffles removed from the 4 into 2 stock exhaust pipes. Wrapping each k&n filter with duct tape leaving 1/2 inch of the filter exposed allow's it to run fairly well up to about 7.5k rpms but, I know a stage 3 jet kit will improve it (I think). Anyone know what size dril bit I would use to enlarge the vaccuum hole in the carb piston? Or should I just spend the $105 for the kit? Just seems like alot for a drill bit! Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2007 07:07 #178647 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic To jet or not to jet, that is the question
Joe, Take the tape off the filters, don't bother drilling anything and install #140 main jets and #40 pilot jets and the bike will run as it should.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
29 Oct 2007 20:54 #178754 by jaguar
Replied by jaguar on topic To jet or not to jet, that is the question
Hey George, Thanks for the info as I was just about to buy the $95 kit from the net. I wonder where the best place to get them is? Might be able to find them at the local Kaw shop, we'll see. Runs pretty darn good with the tape on them! Just wish that cow had a 6th gear. Just use to crankin on a bmw k1200 with a 6 speed. That ole 750 sounds soooo good though!!! Cant wait to find some better rubber to put on it. Guess I better get to the frame and chassis forum to see what bigger size I can use. Thanks again and will let you know the results. Joe

More
30 Oct 2007 21:38 #178899 by kz650 Bill
Replied by kz650 Bill on topic To jet or not to jet, that is the question
Hey George, I have a kz650C3 that pops from the exhaust. Seems as if it has unburnt fuel coming out of the 4-1. not sure if it is ignition? Any thought's..Thanks Bill

More
31 Oct 2007 07:03 #178934 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic To jet or not to jet, that is the question
Bill, Please start a new thread... this will rapidly get confusing as the issues are totally different...

Get the jets you need from www.z1enterprises.com - reasonable prices and great customer service.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!