Gas overflowing after shutoff

More
01 Oct 2007 12:34 #173972 by toadson
Gas overflowing after shutoff was created by toadson
I've recently put new diaphrams in my accelerator pump on my KZ1000, since old gas rotted out the old ones. I've noticed ever since then, that after I shut the bike off for a few minutes (getting gas or the like), then start it up, gas will overflow from the #2 carb (the one with the accel. pump). It only leaks for about 30 seconds, then quits. It never does it while I'm riding or anything, just after its been shut off and restarted. Is this due to my floats being out of adjustment, or something else? I've taken the carbs apart too many times to clean out the old gas, and I set the floats as best I could. Im not sure if the accelerator pump could be out of adjustment and causing this, or what the deal is. I would just like it to quit leaking gas.

By the way, the bike has a manual petcock and not a vaccuum one.

Post edited by: toadson, at: 2007/10/01 15:35

79 KZ1000 LTD. Mikuni VM26 w/ accelerator pump. 4 into 1 header. Stock intake setup. GS1100 Swingarm, My swap thread: kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=5&id=210872#210872

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2007 06:16 #174120 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Gas overflowing after shutoff
Take a look at the check valve at the top of the carb bowl edge to ensure that the little ball and brass barrel are in place and the circlip is still there.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.