synching?

More
10 Sep 2007 21:03 #169926 by pollocksn
synching? was created by pollocksn
Here is the problem. The bike is really doggy when from a complete stop to going, to the point where it almost dies. Sometimes I have to pull the clutch back in and really feather it out. As soon as you get going the power is really good. I had the carbs gone thru and cleaned already to get it running. I was thinking I might need them synched, would doing this help? Any suggestions would be great b/c taking off in the middle of traffic is kinda embarrassing right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2007 04:09 #169955 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic synching?
:unsure: Pilot screw adjustments?

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
11 Sep 2007 14:24 #170021 by BARNEYHYPHEN
Replied by BARNEYHYPHEN on topic synching?
Definately sync the carbs. It WILL make a difference.

More
11 Sep 2007 14:39 #170024 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic synching?
yeah I am going to talk to the guy and see how much he would charge. If anything it cant hurt. How much do you think someone should charge for that? Last time I talked to him he said $60 I think.

More
11 Sep 2007 17:24 #170048 by JR
Replied by JR on topic synching?
My advice / 2 cents worth would be to buy the tool and do it yourself. It's not difficult. You do it yourself and you know it's done right.
I've found out the hard way that paying someone to do it is a waste of money unless you really trust them and their work.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
11 Sep 2007 17:46 #170052 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic synching?
JR has the right idea. If you buy a shop manual and tools you'll not only know it's done correctly, but you won't need to pay someone next time. Plus, the shop manual will help you perform tons of other "normal" maintenance tasks. It doesn't take long to recover the cost of the manual and tools. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
11 Sep 2007 19:46 #170082 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic synching?
Yeah I hear what you guys are saying. I have been meaning to buy a manual. I would do it myself except I dont really have a whole lot of free time right now. The guys is really good. He works with a buddy of mine at a motorcycle shop as a mechanic. He went to MMI and all that so he is a definatly capable of doing it. Plus he can just bring the tools home. He is also a huge Kawisaki guy, so that is a plus in my book. So where is a good place to order a manual?