At least two fuel leaks...

More
07 Sep 2007 17:00 #169272 by rckz
At least two fuel leaks... was created by rckz
...I am dealing with on my 1980 kz1000e. I finally got the bike all together (new tires, rebuilt carbs, new cables, fluids, filters, etc) today and, foolishly, thought I might get to ride it today. No such luck. As soon as I put gas in the bike, it, well, came out. The biggest leak is at the 'tee' inlet, the 'fuel pipe' as I guess it's called. I did some searching here and found that there are some o-rings that might need replacing. Anyone know what size? What material? Are there also o-rings on the fuel fittings between #1 and #2, and between #3 and #4 that I might want to replace while I'm at it? Same size?

The petcock also leaks a bit, but more of a drip than a leak. I believe the bike has been dry for probably at least a year. Will the gaskets in the petcock swell and stop leaking on their own or do I need to rebuild the petcock?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2007 18:18 #169283 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic At least two fuel leaks...
Here is the fuel pipe available from Z1E.

Jeff will say it's possible to use teflon tape to tighten up the joint. Thanks, Jeff, and the advice is sincerely appreciated, but I opted for your new ones, and could not be happier. :)

Z1E Fuel Pipe

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/09/07 21:19

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.