gaskets and alternatives ?

More
01 Sep 2007 09:41 #167731 by holeshot
gaskets and alternatives ? was created by holeshot
Hello pulled some carbs apart and the gaskets got messed up.Does anyone have a suggestion of any thing I can use in the spots that the gaskets are buggered up.Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2007 09:57 #167734 by old650
Replied by old650 on topic gaskets and alternatives ?
Just clean up the carb and trace the outline on a roll of gasket material and cut them out. I have used scissors and an exacto knife with excellent results. I resorted to this because I live in the boonies and it's hard to get gaskets for a 30 year old bike, unless I want to wait a month. I've cut out carb and clutch cover gaskets. The material is cheap and the quality of the end product is directly related to your level of patience. I kind of like tinkering with these things so it didn't drive me bonkers. I used the bluish/black rubberized gasket material that I found in a farm supply store and it worked perfectly.

More
01 Sep 2007 10:12 #167745 by holeshot
Replied by holeshot on topic gaskets and alternatives ?
Thank you very much, I can get to a farm supply store this weekend but nowere to buy replacement gaskets.I was thinking of robbing them off one of my 650s or my 1000 and just replace later ,just couldnt see taking one of them out just to see how this new bike would run.Thank you again :)