Another 29mm smoothbore setting ?

• GregZ
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
28 Aug 2007 17:52 #166977 by GregZ
Another 29mm smoothbore setting ? was created by GregZ
Hello First off I'm new here. I rode harleys for 17 years,sold my last one and bought a 75 Zed off fleybay last month for $1650 buy it now. I am the third owner, 20k miles. Bikes runs good. Bike is stock. I put on a V&H 4 into one and plan on installing a set of 29 mm smoothbores.Heres what I have.
29mm smoothbore -stamped 29A7
1.5 throttle valve
needle on third clip
120 mains
25 pilot
emgo oval pods
My question is should I change the pilots to a 20 thanks

Post edited by: GregZ, at: 2007/08/28 21:16
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2007 18:11 #166987 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Another 29mm smoothbore setting ?
Welcome Greg - Former HD owners are always embraced here at Kzr...as long as you have sworn off the twins-for good. :)

Our resident carb expert is wiredgeorge. He checks in here pretty much every day and has set up quite a successful business dealing exclusively in carbs for old Japanese bikes.

His website is wgcarbs.com

If you would like to also see another reputable contributor to our little community then get to know Jeff @ Z1 Enterprises.

As a matter of fact, Jeff has a page that deals with recommended setting for the carbs for your old 900.

Check it out here

www.z1enterprises.com/reference/z1-carb-guide.aspx

Good luck with the new-old bike and keep the shiny side up.

P.S. When you ride with your old Harley friends, bring a little old oily rag to smudge across your 900's engine, just to make it look like your new ride is leaking some oil...like theirs:)

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.