All The Same, or Individualize

More
20 Aug 2007 15:18 #165224 by Z1Boise
All The Same, or Individualize was created by Z1Boise
I've been fighting a rich cylinder or two, really sooty plug(s), for a couple of months. In another post I'll go into more detail. (One cylinder seems to come and go)

My question is, how important is it for all the carb settings to be the same? If cyls 1 & 2 have the pilot at 1 & 1/4 turns, is it okay for 3 to be at 2 1/2 turns and 4 to be at 2 turns out?

I haven't done that, yet, preferring to find the sweet spot where all 4 have the same settings and all run clean. But, if I can keep turning out the pilot air screw until the one cylinder leans out, well, great.

Please save all the other suggestions for the next post. I've pretty well done everything (obviously not enough) and I"ll detail it soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
20 Aug 2007 16:21 #165235 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic All The Same, or Individualize
All about the same...then sync...then tweak.

FWIW My CB350 Four, VM style carbs, was giving me fits over carb sync. Turned out that the linkage for the two left carbs wasn worn and the arm between the two slides would tilt. This raised one slide and lowered the other. What was tricky was that it only tilted when hot.

-Duck

Post edited by: Duck, at: 2007/08/20 19:23

More
21 Aug 2007 06:40 #165367 by Z1Boise
Replied by Z1Boise on topic All The Same, or Individualize
Interesting. I haven't really examined the linkage, other than when taking the carbs on & off, so I'll check that out.