KZ650b air pods

• KZ650bMisery
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Aug 2007 14:40 #162276 by KZ650bMisery
Replied by KZ650bMisery on topic KZ650b air pods
Thanks so much, you guys are very well informed and helpful!I'l give it a go and see if I can make all hell break loose.:evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2007 06:56 #162480 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic KZ650b air pods
I am not sure how many models got the plastic restrictors but few of those pieces of plastic survived... most owners popped them off and tossed them, I am sure.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• KZ650bMisery
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Aug 2007 15:10 #162569 by KZ650bMisery
How do I go about cleaning the choke circuits?

More
09 Aug 2007 12:43 #162807 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic KZ650b air pods
Depending on how clogged they are, you will need to disassemble the carbs to remove the choke plungers. There is a hole in the bottom of the well that goes down through to the brass tube in the float bowl which is used for picking up gas. You need to clear the hole passageway in the bottom of the well and tube. A special set of cleaning wires is normally used as well as heat if the whole thing is clogged up. You also need to clear the choke air jet which is in the intake side venturi; making sure that it isn't obstructed. I use a thin dental pick for this. Last, the pilot circuit will also need to be cleaned as that is where the gas ultimately is atomized. We use an ultrasonic cleaner to get to these internal passageways but you can use spray cleaner if patient. Spray in pilot air jet and ensure it comes out the pilot well as well as the pilot atomization hole in the venturi. It will also come out the air mixture screw well if the screw is removed. Wear eye protection.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• KZ650bMisery
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Aug 2007 14:32 #162825 by KZ650bMisery
Thanks a lot George!How would a guitar string work for cleaning out those little tubes?Anything wrong with combining Rock n Roll and bike repair?

Post edited by: KZ650bMisery, at: 2007/08/09 17:34

• KZ650bMisery
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Aug 2007 17:16 #163648 by KZ650bMisery
Thank you all for the help!!! This thing is running like brand new right now. My Harley started crying when I pulled in from the test drive.2 out on the needles worked perfect for this little beast.:evil: