Kz 750 with K&N air filters

More
01 Aug 2007 00:02 #161057 by puch175
Kz 750 with K&N air filters was created by puch175
Hello,
my name is Marko, Iam from Slovenia (Europe), (excuse me about my bad english).
First of all, this forum is the best way to find out more about Kz motocycles, just keep on.
And now about my problem.
I own Kz 750 l.81, E-model, 4 cylinder with keihen carbs. But now I have put on 4 into 1 muffler and 4 K&N air filters type RC-2580.
And now it does not work well, what shall I do, drill prim. and secon. jet (see attachment), or what, please help me.

Thank you in advance,
Marko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2007 02:10 #161062 by almarconi
Replied by almarconi on topic Kz 750 with K&N air filters
Hey Marko,
What you need to get is a dynojet stage 3 kit for your bike. It will have the necessary jets so you can get your bike tuned. Their part is #2102 fit 80-83 KZ750 with keihen carbs. The addition of pods(more air) caused the bike to run lean. Since you are in Europe you will probably want to go to this site
www.dynojet.co.uk/jetkits/index.htm

Good luck with your project.

Al

1981 KZ550C LTD (SOLD)
1980 GS750L
1982 KZ750N1 Spectre (New Project)

More
01 Aug 2007 04:28 #161070 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Kz 750 with K&N air filters
I am not a fan of aftermarket jet kits for KZs... all of them have a "one-size-fits-all" jet needle and a set of main jets. The rejet of the Keihin 750 carbs depends on which jet needle/main jet combo is used in the bike. There are two versions of the carburetor versions are easiest by noting the badge number on the jet needle. The needle jet, the jet that fits up in the bottom of the venturi that the needle jet fits in is much larger diameter in one version rather than the other and uses a smaller main jet when rejetted. You will find that these rejet solutions will work far more effectively than any jet kit and these solutions will be far less expensive as well. If you can't find larger "main jets" just try the larger secondary mains... Here are my specs and recommended rejet for pods/pipes:

CV34 and jetting

The CV34 comes in two varieties:

CV34 #1 OEM Jetting

Secondary main #125
Main #62
Jet needle N01A
Needle jet smaller opening (no badge)
Pilot #35 (pilot well plugged)

To rejet for pods/pipes #140 #70

CV34 #2 OEM Jetting
Secondary main #92
Main #68
Jet needle N100
Needle jet larger opening (no badge)
Pilot #35 (pilot well plugged)

To rejet for pods/pipes #130 - rest stock jets

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
01 Aug 2007 07:25 #161117 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Kz 750 with K&N air filters
Hi Marko
This is what I did. See picture.

I dont know where you would find jets in Europe but if you have problem you could try here
www.z1enterprises.com/

just type "keihin" in the search bar.

ood luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2007 20:12 #161454 by djcody
Replied by djcody on topic Kz 750 with K&N air filters
Same problem here but I had a great temporary fix to that. With the airpods you get more air than with the box so yes you need to rejet but until you get the new jets you can go to walmart or somewhere and buy 4 sweat wristbands and put over the airpods. I got the color to match my bike so it looks alright. Place them all the way on the pods even covering the clamps and leave a little over 1/2 inch off pod showing in the back and it will purr like a kitten on the freeway with no problems.Even on the windiest of days.

77 KZ650C airpods and 4 into 2 turn outs exhaust. VM carbs

82 550 LTD all stock except air pods