Replacing Petcock

More
22 Jul 2007 15:19 #158709 by Ray J
Replacing Petcock was created by Ray J
I need to replace my Double Outlet Petcock. On Z1enterprises, they only have a single outlet:

Petcock - Custom Chrome - Single Outlet 22mm thread nut - Left Side Spigot
TU48-9716
Engineered and designed to eliminate all internal O-rings. The innercore design insures against gas leakage while providing maximum flow. Features a filter screen, reserve setting, and chrome body. Left Side facing output nipple
$23.99

Can I use this and put a "T" in the line? The only double outlet petcock they have is $85.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2007 16:56 #158729 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Replacing Petcock
I wouldn't think that the single outlet would allow enough fuel flow to accommodate the stock double outlet requirement. I could be wrong of course, but that's what I'd think.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
22 Jul 2007 17:39 #158734 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Replacing Petcock
it will flow enough, the fuel line should be 1/4 inch just make sure you have a filter in line

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
22 Jul 2007 18:49 #158751 by Ray J
Replied by Ray J on topic Replacing Petcock
Thanks, 650. I thought the double outlet was a bit of overkill, since I am not track racing. I always thought the two discs on the front wheel was overkill too, but it looks good.

More
23 Jul 2007 11:21 #158920 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Replacing Petcock
I have a KZ900 carb test bike. I use a Pingel adapter plate and Drag Specialties petcock and it will flow enough gas to keep ANY carburetor busy (use 1/4 fuel line). I test BS34 and VM33 carbs regularly and have NO flow problem. The Drag Specialties petcock is the less expensive one (about $20) with a single outlet that Z1enterprises.com sells. A Pingel might even flow more; they claim to be "high flow" petcocks. Use a white vacuum fitting tee from the autoparts store to split the line and use an inline fuel filter between the petcock and split.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!