small carb hoses

More
11 Jul 2007 19:57 #156273 by bison
small carb hoses was created by bison
hey all, I just started to disassemble my carbs (kz650) for cleaning. I was wondering about those little hoses that connect the carbs to each other on the bottom (about 2" long with an ID of about 1/8"), sorry I don't know what they are called.

Anyway those little wire hose clamps are miserable to work with. And my hoses are quite hard. Do any of you guys use different hose clamps? And how about the hoses do you typically replace them during a rebuild?

thanks

1979 SR650 D2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2007 05:53 #156332 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic small carb hoses
The little hoses you refer to are the interconnect hoses for the accelerator pump system. Sounds like you need a factory shop manual before attempting to rebuild the carburetors yourself because if the accelerator pump system isn't working as it should, the performance of your carburetors will be terrible. Do take the time to ensure the pump system is working as it should. A lot of the internal passageways are very fine and easily clog up.

We replace those hoses when rebuilding your style carburetors and do not use clamps as the replacement hoses fit very tightly and don't leak.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.