Uh, which GPZ TBs again for EFI?

More
09 Jul 2007 23:54 #155848 by CruisingRam
Uh, which GPZ TBs again for EFI? was created by CruisingRam
I forgot if the 82s were any good, or it had to be the 83 GPZ 1100 Throttle bodies for a Z1 EFI conversion?

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2007 05:01 #155872 by tuxedotito
Replied by tuxedotito on topic Uh, which GPZ TBs again for EFI?
Greetings,

1982 - 1984 model years have the injector bosses/mounts cast into the throttle bodies and are ideal.

I happen to own a complete throttle body assembly from an '82, (dreams of Microsquirt someday.:woohoo:). You will have to use "J" Model rubber carb boots by the way. You may also have to very slightly enlarge the bolt holes in the rubber boots depending on the particuar cylinder head you choose.
My set of GPz throttle bodies uses a manual "Fast Idle"(ON-OFF)lever, not a solenoid. A solenoid could be fitted I suppose with some custom brackets or such. Other year models might be different;).
The Fast Idle circuit is something to think about if you want total automation with an EFI setup using this type of throttle body.
Hope this helps you...
Regards.

1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

More
10 Jul 2007 11:44 #155968 by tuxedotito
Replied by tuxedotito on topic Uh, which GPZ TBs again for EFI?
Saw these on Ebay and they would likely work for your application.:)
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Kawasaki-GP...mZ320135189984QQrdZ1

I don't know how to add the auction ID/Ebay link to the ones we see on this forum.
:(

Best regards,
Tuxedotito

1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

More
10 Jul 2007 18:39 #156037 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic Uh, which GPZ TBs again for EFI?
Is that the Steel from here that is bidding on it? Don't want to step on anyones tallywacker here!

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.