midrange question

More
08 Jul 2007 15:30 #155499 by udder
midrange question was created by udder
ok i recently changed my pilots to 20's from 17.5 and seemed to really help idle at lower sub 1500 rpm. tach dances in between 1500 and 1000 rps. also changed my mains from 130's to 117.5 now low end seems fine and wot seems ok but it seems to me at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle maybe it flattens out and when i get past that it kicks in. this is my needle jet correct? what do i need to do to smooth it out. :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2007 16:22 #155507 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic midrange question
Confusing post udder... what is the problem and with what type carburetors? Stock 26s? If you could restate the question some, maybe that would help...

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
09 Jul 2007 18:17 #155780 by udder
Replied by udder on topic midrange question
ok thanks for the help george i fixed it. i took the adjustment bolt at the clutch cover in too far. took it back out some and shes pulling like a raped ape :evil:
still have some minor backfireing on decelleration occasionally ?? any ideas? allready set each air screw at the highest idle for each cylinder. running late model z1 carbs without the 17 mm drain bolt and 2 screw on the top of the carb. still havent checked to see if the jet needles are clipped or not. shes running pretty darn well so i dont wanna go too deep unless i have too. id rather RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:silly:

Post edited by: udder, at: 2007/07/09 21:21

More
10 Jul 2007 05:06 #155876 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic midrange question
If you have low back pressure type pipes, you may get a bit of backfiring on deceleration. You might want to check for air leaks into the combustion chamber. These can occur at the carb holders, the caps on the sync ports on the carb holders or even bad exhaust gaskets (crush gaskets that you tried to reuse after removing head pipes and then re-installing).

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!