Carb Ques 1: Can you identify these carbs?

More
19 Jul 2007 20:17 #158148 by AR15Ron
Replied by AR15Ron on topic Carb Ques 1: Can you identify these carbs?
wiredgeorge wrote:

Wow Ron... Z1E was good enough to put a VM29 page up and now you want to scold them for not spending enough time to put a full carb ident article up so you won't mess up eBay buys bwhahaha

Now that I think of it, I asked folks for help with specs from their shop manuals awhile ago on carb specs. I was going to put a full carb ident section up on my website but not one person responded so I just dropped the project and keep track of specs privately. I think you were one of the folks who said they were too busy to take a couple seconds to write specs down.... hmmm bwhahhahahaha

Wasnt me, but I do have a shop manual for a 1978 KZ-1000 A2 with 26mm carbs. Tell me what you need and I'll send it to you, can probably scan whatever pages you want too. I know I have a scanner, never tried it, but should work right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2007 05:52 #158222 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Carb Ques 1: Can you identify these carbs?
I don't need the pages from the shop manual... I have every possible KZ1000 shop manual now. The shop manual does NOT list the ID mark for the carbs... some of the other specs won't be listed either and some specs needed don't apply to every carb assembly. Sorry I got kind of snippy but I have gotten lots of calls lately to put together a carb ident guide and it keeps taking me back to when I asked for help in this and got none. Here are typical specs for your carbs. The ID mark is shown in the pic posted...

Typically, this is the info needed:

year/model: 78 KZ1000 Std
carb type: Mikuni VM26SS
id mark: 1025A
service fuel level 4.0mm
float level 26mm
air jet 1.6
slow air jet n/a
pilot outlet 0.8
bypass 1.2
main jet 105
jet needle 5DL31-3rd
needle jet badge 258 O5
throttle valve cutaway 1.5
pilot jet 15
pilot screw turns out 1 1/4 + - 1/4
air screw turns out n/a
float valve size 2.3
starter jet size 100
comment Standard Only

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.