Jetting for KZ750

More
03 Jul 2007 08:44 #154466 by cafekz750
Jetting for KZ750 was created by cafekz750
I asked about jetting before for my bike but I have changed my mind about pods for now. I have a 4 into1 pipe, stock motor, stock jetting, stock air box with a foam UNI air filter. The motor now idles (bad coil that worked fine above 3000rpm, but didn't fire at idle), but feels a bit thin in the midrange and in the upper rpm. I know that WG said:

To rejet your bike for pods/pipes with N01A jet needle which provides a relatively lean mid-range compare to the other type of CV34, use #70 main jets and #140 secondary main jets (these are the real main jets; your stockers should be #125s I think and the main jets affect mid-range... these are the little fat barrel shaped jets; your stockers are #62s). There are no pilot jets alternatives. Run the mix screw 1.5 turns out to start with from lightly seated. In fact, replace the orings under the mix screws. You unscrew the mixture screw, pull out the spring, pull out the VERY small metal washer and then the VERY small oring and replace the oring. This improves seal on the pilot circuit and might just smooth your idle out.

What about the set up that I currently have (no pods)?

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.