Mikuni BS34 CV carb jetting

More
02 Jul 2007 12:33 #154276 by Ozzy
Mikuni BS34 CV carb jetting was created by Ozzy
Ok, here's the speck,

KZ1000K2 engine with standard cams, 1075 wiesco big bore kit, head has been gas flowed and ported with oversize exhaust valves. K+N individual filters fitted to the standard mikuni BS34 CV carbs.

I need to get the engine run in before I can put it on a dyno to get the carbs set up right. Does anyone know roughly what size jets to use as a starting point so I can get it run in ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2007 18:40 #154563 by rpkaw
Replied by rpkaw on topic Mikuni BS34 CV carb jetting
Do you still have the stock airbox? The bs 34's are a vacuun slide carb and will prefer the airbox to the pod filters. I have an 82J with 1135 wiseco's, stock airbox with k/n filter and 34mm carbs with 135 mains.The main jet needle raised half a circlip notch.
I was using k/n individual filters and ended up running the 34's with 145 mains.Was never happy with the performance of the pod filters and went back to the airbox setup.

More
04 Jul 2007 09:34 #154675 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Mikuni BS34 CV carb jetting
The point of putting a bike on a dyno (rather than an exhaust gas analyzer) is to set the main jet size. Your bike will do fine with #142.5 mains and #40 pilots and the stock jet needles with no shims. That will be very close to correct for your set up.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
04 Jul 2007 09:41 #154677 by Ozzy
Replied by Ozzy on topic Mikuni BS34 CV carb jetting
:) Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes.

Ozzy...