pingel or MCstuff fuel valve?

• cottoncandyninja
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Jun 2007 11:14 #152865 by cottoncandyninja
pingel or MCstuff fuel valve? was created by cottoncandyninja
looking to get rid of the vacuum type fuel valve as it can be problematic and rebuilding is not always sure fire to fix the leaks i have. (who says? z1 says!) if i switch over to a manual it looks like ill eliminate some of the leaks i have right now. but im not sure which to go with. the pingels are super expensive, but at the same time, theyre high quality racing stuff. the other fuel valves offered by z1 are really cheap, produced by MCstuff. ive never used any of their products and im not sure of the low price will give me poor performance and reliability issues... anyone have an opinion or two cents on this issue? modest and humble opinions are more than welcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2007 13:11 #152892 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic pingel or MCstuff fuel valve?
The less expensive petcocks Z1Enterprises sells are available through Jeff's company, JPCycles.com or the Harley catalog for Dennis Kirk. You see them sold as Custom Chrome or Drag Specialties and if you do look at the JPCycles.com (largest bike parts place on the planet I think), you will see that these petcocks are FULLY rebuilable... every small part is replaceable. They are NOT as good as a Pingel but are a good value for the money. I use them on all my bikes. BTW: Take a look at the Pingel petcocks in jpcycles.com website and you will see that Jeff's prices for the Pingel line are VERY competitive.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
26 Jun 2007 15:55 #152925 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic pingel or MCstuff fuel valve?
JP may have good prices, but their website (IMO) sucks.
I saw nothing that helped me understand what petcock MIGHT fit.
I left their site in bewilderment.

More
26 Jun 2007 19:40 #152996 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic pingel or MCstuff fuel valve?
I voted with my dollars! Once I got the Pingel petcock and adapter in my hands I could just feel the quality. It installed and worked flawlessly. I have that confident feeling in all the stuff I have got through Z1 so far.

Sorry, I have no experience with the McStuff stuff. From what I read above they come well recommended also.

Hope this helps. Best of success.

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

More
26 Jun 2007 20:46 - 03 Dec 2008 10:22 #153009 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 10:22 by JMKZHI.

More
27 Jun 2007 05:28 #153059 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic pingel or MCstuff fuel valve?
I think the petcock Z1E sells for the Suzuki is aftermarket and not NOS. I think that the supplier who makes this petcock also makes a bunch of other Suzuki street bike petcocks as well as some Yamaha; problem is, the catalog that contains the applications doesn't say what the mount bolt spacing is. Next time you see a GS, GSX (either Katana or GSX-R) or VS series bike, measure the bolt offset on their petcock and if it is 34mm, then I guess Jeff could get you a petcock if you knew the Suzuki model. There are also a few Yamaha street bike applications but not many... No Kaw or Honda. Problem is, someone will have to do some research who has access to the Suzuki models in particular for bolt spacing and I don't have access to any of these models... The 44mm spacing is fairly common on KZs... the KZ1000E model uses this spacing but I would prefer to use a gravity petcock. The other petcocks I noted above are vacuum.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!