Primary main jet and bleed pipe source?

More
10 Jun 2007 20:51 #148163 by ZoomVroom
Primary main jet and bleed pipe source? was created by ZoomVroom
I've had 1980 Kz750H for about a month now, got a good deal on it but it was running extremely cruddy. So i have stabled her in the garage for a major top-bottom overhaul. I have already pulled and cleaned the carbs per advice on the board here and I have a couple questions:

Keihin Cv34's
NO1A needle
#125 Main jet
#62 primary main jet

#1: The primary main jet and bleed pipe in the #1 carb were both mangled from the previous owner and I need to obtain replacements. Z1 doesn't seem to carry these parts... any ideas?

#2: The previous owner removed the baffles from the exhaust and I don't have the funds right now to replace the pipes, but plan on getting 4-1's in the future. I also plan on disabling the emissions system also. While I have the carbs apart, how should I mod the jetting to take into account the exhaust and emission removal?

1980 KZ750H1 - 14k miles - To much \\\\\\\"redo\\\\\\\" work to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2007 07:26 #148299 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Primary main jet and bleed pipe source?
Not unusual to see those parts mangled in the CV34. The primary main has a VERY wide slot on folks tend to use a screwdriver that is too narrow and bingo... a mangled primary main jet.

You didn't mention your airbox situation... you using the stock airbox? You using pods? This makes a world of difference in the size of the secondary main jet. Not sure what you mean by a "bleed pipe" there is pipe under both the main and secondary main jets. Which do you refer to? I have seen both mangled. We replace these parts as a matter of course when rebuilding these carbs using spares out of parts carb sets. You can try www.bikebandit.com for the parts you need... they are a tad expensive but the stuff appears to be available.

Once I know your airbox situation, I can take some guesses as far as rejet goes.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
11 Jun 2007 19:38 #148521 by ZoomVroom
Replied by ZoomVroom on topic Primary main jet and bleed pipe source?
The "bleed pipe" i am referring to is the one above the primary main jet and is the one that pokes into the throttle bore. It looks like Bike bandit does have the parts, thanks for the recommendation.

Sorry for the lack of info, i am going to use the stock air box with a K&N filter. I don't think this will make a difference in the jetting but I am also adding Dyna-s coils and ignition system. Thanks a lot.

1980 KZ750H1 - 14k miles - To much \\\\\\\"redo\\\\\\\" work to list!

More
12 Jun 2007 05:29 #148626 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Primary main jet and bleed pipe source?
When you get a 4 into 1 on the bike, you may want to go to a #65 main jet, if you can find them.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!