bs34 on '81 750ltd throttle cable

More
07 Jun 2007 19:32 #147323 by KZPens
bs34 on '81 750ltd throttle cable was created by KZPens
I got a bs34 carburator from a '82 KZ 750R1, but it seems I can't find a cable that fits my throttle the carburator and has enough slack (3,5 inches slack wasn't enough, missing maybe 2inches).

I tried calling a dealer, send me a cable that fit the throttle but didn't fit the carb, next cable I got fit the carb and the throttle but didnt' have enough slack... :angry:

Anybody got this setup and can tell me what cable they used ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2007 04:52 #147406 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic bs34 on '81 750ltd throttle cable
The BS34 came with several cable holding brackets and not sure which one is on your carburetors. I think the GPz carbs had a flat cable holding bracket? Anyway, if you call Motion Pro, they have a custom cable department and if you do some actual measurements, they can make a cable. Things you will need to know are the overall length, how it screws into the switchgear or fits into it, the amount of bare cable you need from the barrel on the cable end that fits into the bellcrank up to the little bucket that holds the cable on cable bracket.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
20 Jun 2007 12:53 #151184 by KZPens
Replied by KZPens on topic bs34 on '81 750ltd throttle cable
Finally found some time for a reply, when you said "several cable holding brackets" I decided to make my own bracket using the shorter cable I already, actually got to make 2, the first one was hitting the valve cover :pinch: . Anyway the throttle works fine now, thanks for your time. Now off to make the rearsets and tank fit, maybe another 2 month.... 3... :(

More
21 Jun 2007 06:26 #151424 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic bs34 on '81 750ltd throttle cable
Is that frame and wheels in your avatar pic WHITE? I keep getting these visions of a white frame and wheels going over a freshly tarred road like we get here in the Hill Country... it would come out looking like a dalmation puppy! Do you have any pics of your project? Put them in the project folder. Good luck.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!