Jetting etc

• archaicbiker
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Jun 2007 19:48 #146705 by archaicbiker
Jetting etc was created by archaicbiker
Well,shes a screamer but the mileage really sux. Somewhere around 25mph. I read thru all the posts that I could find for info I know where shes at. I have a 79KZ1000Ltd B3 with the vm26 w/accel pump. Kerker 4to1 (no baffle) and pods.It looks to have what is prob a dynajet stage 3. 125 mains with the long skinny jet needle. pilot is a 15. The carbs have the fuel mix screw on the bottom which I have set at 2 turns out. She seems to lean out and doesnt idle to well if I turn them in any less than that. This bike will definately get up and boogy but I need to make it more streetable for my son. It was set up for drag in the late 80's and the PO said that some headwork was done but he doesnt remember what was done. To me it feels like a lil bit hotter cams and increased compression, and gearing change from changing the sprocket sizes. She would easily hit 160+mph if I had the nads to go that fast anymore. Any suggestions on jet sizes and/or info on the original jet sizes or numbers so I have a starting point. Oh, and especially any info on jet needles and where to get them would be helpful also. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.