Burbling

More
04 Jun 2007 18:32 #146319 by kzwolfsr
Burbling was created by kzwolfsr
On my 81 1000 I have this burbling noise when moving off from a stop. Well the engine has this weird start off and I hear and feel this noise and the throttle doesn't just smoothly roll on, it has this bubbling, then when I get the throttle opened more it takes off like everything is normal, but still has that noise during the ride. I tried to explain it as much as I can. Does this weird behaviour indicate a hole in one of my diaphragms?

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2007 23:33 #146403 by Capt. Quirk
Replied by Capt. Quirk on topic Burbling
Does it have a stock airbox?

More
05 Jun 2007 06:42 #146462 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Burbling
Its all stock

1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H

More
05 Jun 2007 23:15 #146767 by Capt. Quirk
Replied by Capt. Quirk on topic Burbling
It's been a long time, but I recall that they made such a noise and that would be followed by a bit of a whine as it reved. A K&N airfilter or a modified air intake to the air box could contribute to it.

The only other 2 things that make sense would be: Fuel screw settings beyond 2 1/2 turns and or a carb sync.

As soon as mechanics realized it was worth removing the emmissions caps, the 2 1/2 turn limit started being abused. Dyno jet used to recomend 5 turns out, instead of replacing the pilot jets. That led to a lot of bikes fouling out plugs at the stop lights.

More
06 Jun 2007 10:23 #146877 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Burbling
Well I just checked my diaphragms and they are all ok, Thank God! I think I remember this problem though. It is the gas from the petcock not flowing properly. So I switched the fuel filter from near the tank , where it used to lay horizontally causing my bad gas flow, to in the vertical position at the T on the carbs, but now I have 2 probs. 1) the fuel line is 2 short which is fixable, but 2) the fuel petcok seems too low and the multi angle elbow joint is touching the valve cover. That elbow that just pops out and supplys the gas. 81 1000 LTD. What is wrong here?