BS34 Identity Crisis

More
04 Jun 2007 06:44 #146135 by Norseman
BS34 Identity Crisis was created by Norseman
Can anyone tell me if there are two different designs on the BS34 carbs on 1981 KZ1000M1 CSR's? I'm trying to determine if my choke plungers require pads or not before I take them off again and break them apart again. When I had them off for maintenance a couple of weeks ago, there were no pads, but now I understand that some BS34's do require them.

I am having some idle and rpm issues that may be the result of missing pads, but also may be caused by other issues (poor synchronization, pilot screw air leak, etc.) Appreciate any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2007 11:33 #146208 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic BS34 Identity Crisis
BS34 carburetors were installed on various Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki models from 1980 till 1996 that I know of and EVERY ONE had choke plungers and every one had pads on the end. Thought I had already answered this question... You can easily remove #1 plunger; take it out and look at its end. If it has no rubber pad installed over the locating rod (some plungers don't have the rod but yours does), take a pic and post it.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
04 Jun 2007 13:13 #146229 by Norseman
Replied by Norseman on topic BS34 Identity Crisis
WiredGeorge - you most certainly did answer previously, and I appreciate it. My confusion came from numerous calls trying to find replacement pads, and a number of individuals at dealerships and others who didn't have a clue.

However, my problem now moves from ignorance to frustration over not being able to replace them because no one has replacement pads. So, if anyone reading this has any suggestions, I most certainly would appreciate it. My pads (now that I know what I looking for) appear to be original and worn (rubber depressed).

• wireman
  • Visitor
04 Jun 2007 14:55 #146251 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic BS34 Identity Crisis
yeah id say that could of been handled just a little better:whistle: im sure there is more than one person familar with these carbs,and maybe one of them might have an answer to his queston;)