81 GPz, petcock to close to carbs, suggestions please?

More
02 Jun 2007 21:32 #145805 by turpehar
I've pulled the DFI off my GPz and replace with a set of BS34's. Using the original (replaced) fuel petcock, the tank won't go down all the way. I'd like to know what options are out there to either move the petcock, or use a different one that will let the tank come down all the way without the petcock hitting the carbs. I also need a plug to replace the check valve on the other side of the tank. Where can I get that?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2007 13:27 #145926 by Capt. Quirk
Did you change to carbs because you didn't have an airbox? or was there a problem?

The DFI system was a big improvement over the 1980 Classic LTD. The most common problem I saw was the TPS went bad, but the computer wouldn't spit out the code to confirm it. But an EGA would show it every time.

To richen the mixture of the old DFI systems we changed the resitance of the Engine temp sensor and air temp sensors.

More
03 Jun 2007 15:09 #145954 by wiredgeorge
Harold, Perhaps a Pingle or Drag Specialties petcock will allow you room to set the tank down without contacting the carburetors. Either of them have a different profile from the stock petcock. You can use a Pingle adapter plate I think.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!