'83 KZ440 - Fuel Mixture Lean?

More
21 May 2007 14:55 #142085 by Mcpherson
'83 KZ440 - Fuel Mixture Lean? was created by Mcpherson
Hello all! This is my first initial topic here in KZ- and might i add quite the little comunity (kudos!), Glad to be apart of it.... Soooo

On to my not so much problem as im sure its been ran for the past three years this way- But I've picked up this bike- had it for a few weeks now, did the initial tune ups these bikes need as i had one before- (fuel, ignition, valves ect).
Now im pretty firmilliar with Fuel to air and running rich and lean- and it seems as though its running on the lean side ( is this normal for KZ's?) As im not firmilliar with the type of carbs (the vacum type).

I was strapping some new plugs in this morning when i notice they were looking a little on the lean side- So apon taking a boo-gand in the cylinders it looks as though the Exhuast valve is running hot aswell. Is this normal with these bikes? Also is there a way to just adjust the highspeed needle on the slide for more fuel? Also while syncing the carbs- whats the initial turn out from close you turn out the screws on the top of the Carbs- 1/4 then adjust accordingly to the VAV gauge? Bike runs excelent - no signs of excessive lean running or anything.

Thanks in advance!!!

WOOOO for bike season in Ottawa ON!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.