Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 09:11 #13647

• NightRider
  • NightRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'd like to do away with the airbox setup and switch to pods. What do I need to do about the breathers and air injection system for the CSR model? The air injector goes to the #'s 1 and 4 carbs, but also to the air box. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help...

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 12:02 #13660

• DasTeufel
  • User
You can either buy the block off plates for the rocker covers, or tap the nipples for pipe plugs and install pipe plugs (as I did). I have heard of people running a hose from one side to the other. Make sure you plug the vacuum ports on the intake boots.
2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 12:06 #13661

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I found some rubber fittings that fit perfectly over the end of the pipes on the valve cover. They fit nice and tight and are not affected by the heat. I can get a pic if you want.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 12:08 #13662

• wireguy
  • User
go to the hardware store and buy some rubber caps same size as the hoses you are removing and some clamps to fit,or if you are really handy you could cut some covers out of 1/4" aluminum using the stock covers for a pattern.as far as carb adjustments i suggest you get with the inhouse carb man King Wired George as far as whats required to fatten up the carbs!good luck,happy wenching!

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 12:53 #13665

• NightRider
  • NightRider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User

as far as carb adjustments i suggest you get with the inhouse carb man King Wired George as far as whats required to fatten up the carbs

Please explain?

Thanks for the info, I wanted to make sure blocking off the air injection wouldn't effect performance.

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 14:26 #13676

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
All that stuff is emmissions control. Getting rid of it should enhance performance as long as you don't leave any holes, or leaks.

Pods, what to do... 18 Dec 2005 14:30 #13678

• wireguy
  • User
youre letting more air into the engine by installing the seperate airfilters so you might also want to fatten up the fuel side so you dont lean the motor out too much.anytime ive installed a header or differant filters ive had to have the carbs massaged by my local carb hero!

Pods, what to do... 27 Dec 2005 18:41 #14790

• KZXT650
  • User
I'm doing the same thing on my engine, which happens to be the same as yours, i was going to cut back the nipples and tap for pipe plugs but the idea of aluminum blockoff plates is much better i think, maybe even do some ball milling on the tops lol,as for jetting i haven't gotten that far yet but will be there in about a week or so, i'm figuring 2 or 3 sizes up on jets and maybe raising the needles a notch, but will have to play with that when i get there.

KZXT 650

...The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

• Page: