no start

More
11 Apr 2007 10:37 #128814 by Booncha57
no start was created by Booncha57
my bike has always been more difficult that it should be to start. it will get going but wont fire on all 4 until it warms up. i tried to start my bike earlier today and i ended up killing the battery and never got it going. ive never had this problem before. i havent started it in about 2 weeks but i didnt think this would happen. i talk to jeff at Z1 today and he thinks that the choke tubes in the float bowl are clogged on some of the carbs. thats why it runs fine once warmed up. im going to check that out and ill let you know what happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2007 14:55 #128889 by vach
Replied by vach on topic no start
I had a similar problem. I ended up putting an electronic ignition on my bike. That fixed it.

1979 kz650 B. Chicago, Illinois

More
11 Apr 2007 14:55 #128890 by vach
Replied by vach on topic no start
I had a similar problem. I ended up putting an electronic ignition on my bike. That fixed it.

1979 kz650 B. Chicago, Illinois

More
12 Apr 2007 06:43 #129186 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic no start
The carburetors need to be fully cleaned. The passageways/check valves in the bowl need to be cleared (probably blocked) and the choke pickup tubes are likely blocked as well. You need to ensure that fuel and air make it through both the pilot and choke circuits within the interior of the carbs.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
16 Apr 2007 17:42 #130902 by Booncha57
Replied by Booncha57 on topic no start
i cleaned the carbs out the other night got it started. it took a minute but im not very familiar with the "starting trick" on this bike yet. but it started on all four, idled, and reved great. needless to say i was very happy. thanks for the posts!

More
17 Apr 2007 06:27 #131038 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic no start
Case closed?

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
17 Apr 2007 18:19 #131311 by Booncha57
Replied by Booncha57 on topic no start
i havent started it since then, but im putting a new muffler on it tomorrow night so we will see then!