stutter between 5k-6k?

More
04 Jun 2007 20:53 #146363 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic stutter between 5k-6k?
martijn wrote:

Maverick wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm just trying to reason through this martijn... So if the clip was too high, then the needle was too low, and lowering the clip would raise the needle and give more gas making a richer mixture. Am I thinking about this backwards? :huh: If you want to lean out the mixture in the mid-range, wouldn't you want to raise the clip, thereby lowering the needle?<br><br>Post edited by: Maverick, at: 2007/06/03 23:25

Oohps:blush:

You are right... I made a mess of it. Yes the clip was on the lowest therfore the needle in the highest position.
I lowered the needle by raising the clip:woohoo:

Thanks Maverick!!

Just to clarify things - Moving the circlip upwards on the jet needle leans out the mixture. Moving the circlip downwards richens the mixture. This can be a bit confusing when using the words clipping up or down.

I tried to post the image that kzr member "gas" used to use in his avatar but I couldn't get the pic to load. Maybe someone else will have better luck converting gas's avatar gif to a jpg and posting it in this thread.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

Cheers-Colin Firth

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2007/06/05 00:00

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2007 05:58 #146450 by Maverick
Replied by Maverick on topic stutter between 5k-6k?
I'll give it a shot... Thanks Colin.

1981 KZ1000M1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.